Sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. Do you believe that? Then why oh why do so many Facebookers believe all the viral crap going on out there in Facebook land? I am going to show you what to stay away from and how to protect your self better. Ready?
STAY AWAY FROM THESE OR ANY VARIATIONS OF THEM!
1) Olive Garden is NOT giving away free food.
2) You can NOT see who is viewing your profile
3) Nobody actually tagged you in those pictures
4) You are NOT in some video at a concert
5) You can NOT get a free iPad or iPhone
6) Teenage girls are NOT committing suicide because they were embarrassed by their parents
7) ” How embarrassing, you have to see this” is NOT what you think it is.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1) Browse Facebook using a secured browser. Go to Account —> Account settings —> Account Security —> click the box that allows you to browse Facebook in a secure browser. Now you will be using an HTTPS instead of HTTP which is what banks and other secured sites use.
2) Get rid of unused or unwanted Facebook applications. You will be amazed at how many apps you have downloaded over time and how many people have access to your info. Go to Account —>Privacy Settings—>Apps & Websites (at the bottom left) —>Edit your settings —>Apps you use —> Edit settings, and then DELETE anything suspicious, unused, or unwanted. Check this periodically as you may download an application nit realizing you did.
3) Block the applications. Go to Account —>Privacy Settings —> Block Lists —> Edit Your Lists —> Scroll down to Blocked Apps
4) Don’t click on suspicious posts from friends, pictures or videos
5)Don’t watch any video until someone else has commented on it (you will know if it is real or not)
6) Change your password often
7) Remember…if it seems to good to be true, don’t click on it.
If you know of any other viral ads going on or any other ways to protect yourself, please comment on this. Also please share this post so that everyone can educate themselves and better protect themselves and their friends.