I thought I would take some time to discuss iPhone apps. I am always looking for new cool apps to use and I tend to download a bunch, then never use them. A friend said to me the other day (after scrolling through my many pages of apps), “Why don’t you group them together?”, I replied “Because I’ll forget what apps I have”. Am I the only one who worries about this?
I have compiled a list of the coolest apps I use on a frequent basis and made them clickable so you can go right to the iTunes store to get them, but I highly encourage you to tell me what your favorite apps are (so I can download them too!). Enjoy!
Draw Something (Free) – I am so addicted to this game right now! You draw a picture, the other person guesses. Great entertainment!
Facebook Messenger – This Facebook feature is great by itself because now I can message and reply without opening my Facebook app and going through all the steps to get to my messages. Yes, I’m lazy.
Skype - This one is a lifesaver for me! My husband spent the last 2 years working in Afghanistan and of course I can Skype him at home but this is great for on the go. Plus, I don’t have to video call him, I can use it as a regular telephone call!
Instagram – Editing pictures before posting to Facebook is an amazing thing!
Shazam – Coolest app ever! Have you ever been listening to the radio and can’t remember the name of a song or artist? Click “Shazam” and it “listens” to the song, tells you the name and artist, and allows you to download it from iTunes!
5-0 Radio - Police scanner anywhere, anytime. Yes, I’m nosy!
Domino’s Pizza – I order pizza directly off my iPhone on a regular basis and NEVER have to talk to a person. So cool.
Ghost Radar - Friday night fun! This app picks up signals of “ghosts” and sends you messages. Creepy but fun!!!
TuneIn Radio – Any radio station, anywhere, anytime. Even better that iHeartRadio because you don’t have to share your Facebook info
Gas Buddy – Location based and tells you were the lowest gas is near you. Priceless!
Waze – Your traffic buddy. Tells you where there is traffic, police, construction, accidents, etc near you. Awesome tool!
ScoreCenter (ESPN) – Updates you on YOUR teams as it happens. Makes football season even more awesome!
Square – Accept credit cards with your iPhone…too awesomely convenient. (Paypal is coming out with this as well so stay tuned).
What are your favorite iPhone apps?
Did you hear about the upcoming Social Media Seminar?
Did you know I’m hiring?
Have you been to my Facebook page?
1) You wake up and reach for your iPhone before turning the alarm clock off
2) It’s 3pm and you just now realize you haven’t eaten anything.
3) You make a deal with yourself to do push ups and sit ups every time you get up from your computer so that you can say you “worked out” today.
4) Your computer over heats every now and then due to the 23 windows you have open on Chrome
5) Your teenager says you use Facebook more than he and his friends combined.
7) Your ultimate goal is to be the mayor of the Apple store
8 ) You know what a “drive by” is and understand it has nothing to do with guns
9) You have more friends than people you actually know
10) When searching for a business you search Facebook before Google
11) You are slightly bothered when nobody mentions you on #FF
12) “Checking in” is a crucial as buckling your seat belt
13) Your dog has his own Fan page
14) Facebook has warned you against making too many friends, and you were actually scared.
15) Tweeting while in the sauna at the gym is no big deal
16) You don’t understand why anyone would delete their account because they need a break from Facebook
17) Something funny or annoying happens to you and your first thought is to blog/post/tweet about it.
18) You stopped paying attention to Facebook event invites last year
19) You had the new Facebook timeline back in 2011
20) You get excited when you get promoted on Empire Avenue
21) Klout just ticks you off
22) You blog using your phone while on a road trip
23) Halftime means update your status and tweet about how your team is playing, then check in to “on my sofa watching the game” and hope there is a badge for that.
24) You’re thinking you could add a few to this list
25) You will definitely repost/re-tweet this
Click the pic!
1) Blackberry Curve – Ancient but I loved it
ouch screen before and I like real buttons! It had some apps I could download and as long as I got my emails and could text, Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare on it, I was good. But I really really wanted a Droid. So a good friend of mine, Ian Griffith, who just so happens to be a computer genius and owns the computer and technology repair company Epsilon Technology Group, gave me his old Droid when he got the latest and greatest version. I was so excited! It was pretty cool and did a lot more than my Blackberry, but after a while I wanted to throw it against the wall. The problem wasn’t the Droid operating system, it was the phone itself. The Eris is the first version of the Droid so it didn’t have the capabilities or the processors that the new Droids have now. That would explain why it was sooooooo slooooooow.So I’m running errands yesterday and as I am about to throw my Droid out the car window, I see Verizon. Now I have pestered this poor guy at the Verizon store for months because I knew my upgrade date was in May and he was always so helpful. I couldn’t decide on Droid or iPhone. I like the Google based Droid but everyone, everyone, everyone swears the iPhone will change your life. So I found Kyle at Verizon, again, and said I’m ready this time. He persuaded me to go with the iPhone and at the same time assured me that I s
hould not judge the newer Droids based on the Eris I had. So I went iPhone, then he threw me the white one which just shows my coolness factor right?
I couldn’t pass up the deal, with my upgrade, contract renewal, and the ability to put it all on my next bill, it was practically free!
Now the real question…Did it change my life? It has been
less than 24 hours and yes, it has changed my life. I used to make fun of the people raving about it saying it is life changing. IT IS LIFE CHANGING! It is sooooooo user friendly! I love it and now I’m one of the cool kids on the block.
P.S. Thank you Ian for the Droid, I really do appreciate it!
Tags: android, apple, blackberry, Chanda Gunter, droid, droid operating system, epsilon technology group, eris, etg, facebook, free iphone, Ian Griffin, ian griffith, iphone, iphone 4, iphone apps, iphone4s, life changing, new phone, siri, texting, Twitter, verizon, what is better iphone or droid, what's so great about the iphone?