Posted by Chanda Gunter
There have been some pretty big changes with Facebook this week. The good news is, it’s all good news!
#1 The ‘Super Admin’
Facebook now allows you to limit the access of other administrators on Facebook business pages. There are now 5 levels of admins.
- Manager – The Manager has complete access to the page and all access. This would likely to be the page owner or business owner.
- Content Creator – This position allows for all access except for managing other admin roles. This is a great role for your Social Media Manager or Marketing Director.
- Moderator – The moderator can not post or create content but can reply to posts, comments, and messages as well as create ads and see the analytics.
- Advertiser – This role is strictly for someone to see the analytics and create/edit advertisements for the page.
- Insights Analyst – As it sounds, the role of the Insights Analyst only has access to this section.
This is fabulous news that should have been in place years ago. I have heard many horror stories about a rejected/angry employee deleting Facebook pages or deleting the other admins and creating havoc on the page. The ‘Super Admin’ should solve these problems.
#2 Promoted Posts
We all know about advertising for Facebook pages and you see them constantly over on the far right column of the page. Now Facebook allows you to promote a particular post from your page. What does that mean? It means, for a certain price, your post will be seen by even more people including friends of fans. Now that’s pretty cool! The other side of the coin is, how does Facebook control what fans are seeing my posts in the first place? Seems they have some explaining to do.
#3 Scheduled Posts
Coming soon to a page near you! You will soon be able to schedule out your posts on Facebook up to 6 months in advance. Again, should have been done years ago but hey we’ll take it. This will allow admins to still post while in meetings/vacation/sick/busy/different time zones and not have to use 3rd party sites like HootSuite. Watch for this new feature and let me know how you like it!